The Shiny package makes it easy to create interactive web applications using R.
In this workshop you will learn how to build Shiny applications from scratch. After the workshop you will:
- understand the structure of a Shiny application (UI and server);
- be able to assemble an attractive UI;
- understand reactivity and how the UI and server communicate with each other; and
- know how to deploy a Shiny application.
- What is Shiny?
- Samples from App Gallery
- Components of a Shiny app
- Simple example
- User Interface (UI)
- HTML formatting
- Input controls
- Panels and tabsets
- Rendering output: text, plots and tables
uiOutput()for dynamic UI elements
- Interactive Components
- Shiny themes
- HTML widgets
- Shiny Server
- Scaling Shiny
install.packages(c("shiny", "rmarkdown", "DT", "devtools", "flexdashboard", "gapminder", "rticles", "shinydashboard", "shinythemes", "tidyverse", "tufte", "xaringan"), repos = "http://cran.rstudio.com")