We’re looking for an experienced Data Scientist. Somebody who enjoys collaborating with colleagues. Somebody who is hunting for new and better ways to do things. Somebody who wants to mentor and learn.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will take responsibility for client projects, and drive them from inception to completion. You will work in a multidisciplinary environment using a range of contemporary and bleeding edge Data Science tools and technologies.
30% Scientist : 30% Software Engineer : 40% Hacker
Why so much hacker? Being a Data Scientist is all about building things. A Data Scientist regularly has to take a selection of disparate components and mash them together in creative ways to make something beautiful and useful.
- MSc or PhD in a relevant field
- 3+ years practical experience
- Experience with applying Data Science methods to Business problems
- Experience with statistical modelling and Machine Learning techniques
- Experience with Exploratory Data Analysis and visualisation
- Programming experience with SQL and Python or R
- Proficient with Git
- * Comfortable in a UNIX environment and with shell scripting
- * Knowledge of distributed and cloud computing
- * Exposure to web scraping and web APIs
- * Familiarity with applied optimisation techniques
- A leader and a mentor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Experience in visualizing and presenting data to diverse audiences
- Ability to explain complex analytical concepts in simple terms
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Systematic and rigourous yet flexible and adaptable
- Driven to learn and master new skills and technologies
- Independent and self-motivated, with good time management skills
- Values collaboration and sharing of expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability for data quality and code
- Able to drive projects to successful completion
- Builds relationships
- Works well in a remote team
Non-essential but nice to have requirements are indicated by a *.
- Maintain relationship with clients
- Liaise with clients to understand requirements
- Take ownership of projects
- Plan and execute projects
- Apply best practices to write clean, solid and well documented code
- Work on complex problems and diverse data
- Clean, wrangle and curate data
- Build Machine Learning models, APIs, dashboards and data-driven apps
- Speak at meetups and conferences
- Prepare and present training
- Lead team and client meetings
- Mentor Junior Data Scientists and support all colleagues
- Maintain and expand expertise (stay at the leading edge!)
- Assist with recruiting
Working with Exegetic
As a Senior Data Scientist at Exegetic you'll be part of a diverse, multidisciplinary team. We each contribute unique skills, talents and perspectives. We’re self-motivated, adaptive and agile. We love what we do and take immense pride in the products and services we deliver.
Expect to be challenged, no matter your level of mastery. We are constantly learning, understanding, building and solving. This is driven by the needs of our clients as well as our own interests and aspirations.
The team is distributed across the country. Sometimes we work on site at a client, but most often we work remotely. This allows us to avoid the commute and enjoy the benefits of relatively flexible working hours! At the same time, we cultivate a strong team atmosphere through daily communication, sharing, mentorship and support. Get on board!
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.