We’re looking for an entry level Data Scientist. Somebody who has the required technical skills, but not necessarily the experience. Somebody who is keen to learn and grow rapidly.
As a Junior Data Scientist you will be working on a diverse range of projects. You’ll be part of a small team and will have one or more dedicated mentors who will guide your progress. We will challenge you daily and push your boundaries continuously. You’ll grow quickly and learn a lot.
50% Protege : 50% Hacker
You’ll be working closely with other members of the team. You’ll be exposed to a bunch of different tasks using a diverse range of tools, technologies and techniques.
- Degree in a relevant field
- Experience with Exploratory Data Analysis and visualisation
- Programming experience with SQL and Python or R
- Proficient with Git
- * 1 year practical experience
- * Experience with applying Data Science methods to Business problems
- * Experience with statistical modelling and Machine Learning techniques
- * Comfortable in a UNIX environment and with shell scripting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Systematic and rigourous yet flexible and adaptable
- Driven to learn and master new skills and technologies
- Independent and self-motivated, with good time management skills
- Values collaboration and sharing of expertise and knowledge
- Works well in a remote team
Non-essential but nice to have requirements are indicated by a *.
- Apply best practices to write clean, solid and well documented code
- Work on complex problems and diverse data
- Clean, wrangle and curate data
- Build Machine Learning models, APIs, dashboards and data-driven apps
- Speak at meetups and conferences
- Prepare and present training
- Figure out what it means (practically) to be a Data Scientist
- Massively expand your expertise
Working with Exegetic
As a Junior Data Scientist at Exegetic you'll be part of a diverse, multidisciplinary team. We each contribute unique skills, talents and perspectives. We’re self-motivated, adaptive and agile. We love what we do and take immense pride in the products and services we deliver.
Expect to be challenged, no matter your level of mastery. We are constantly learning, understanding, building and solving. This is driven by the needs of our clients as well as our own interests and aspirations.
The team is distributed across the country. Sometimes we work on site at a client, but most often we work remotely. This allows us to avoid the commute and enjoy the benefits of relatively flexible working hours! At the same time, we cultivate a strong team atmosphere through daily communication, sharing, mentorship and support. Get on board!
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.