Medal Allocations at the Comrades Marathon
Following up on my previous post regarding attrition rates at Comrades Marathon 2013, here are the statistics I have gathered for medal allocations. For reference, the medals are allocated as follows:
- Gold medals to the first ten finishers in the men’s race and the ladies’ race;
- Wally Hayward medals to finishers in under 06:00;
- Silver medals to finishers under 07:30;
- Bill Rowan medals to finishers under 09:00;
- Bronze medals to finishers under 11:00; and finally
- Vic Clapham medals to finishers before the final gun at 12:00.
This will be followed in a couple of days by an analysis of the relationship between running a negative split and finishing time.